Monday, May 26, 2008

'RACE FOR THE CURE'

You probably know about my Mom. Well, my family and I did the 'Race for the Cure' in Boise, all 7 of us plus my Dad including Lindsey and 3 of my brother Dirk's kid's and my brother Chad's kid's. The day started at 6:00am. I got up and dressed and then we woke up the kids at 6:45 and were out of the house by 7:15. We all met at a hotel my sister Molly was staying at in Boise. My Aunt Carolyn, Her daughters Annie and Heidi and Heidi's daughter Chandler, and her daughter-in-law Melissa, and my cousin Lacy all did the race with us. I did not know that this race was such a big deal. Last year there were around 9,000 and this year they turned out between 14 - 15,000!!! That's right - I did not make a typo - 15,000 people - WOW!!! (Next year they may have to find a new location.) We got to the race headquarters a little early to view all the different venues. They gave out a ton of free stuff. Everything from pens and notebooks to key chains and scarves to food. That was GREAT fun. Then the race started at 9:15 - 9:00 for the people who wanted to run. The race was kind of slow - only because of the amount of people. It took us about an hour maybe a little longer. It was nice though because it gave us a chance to chat and enjoy the race! No one was really in a hurry. After the race we went to lunch and chatted some more. It was a great day!! I think we will do it again next year. What a great cause-don't ya think?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so cool that you did the race! I cant even walk upstairs anymore, so Im feeling a lot of respect for your physical fitness adventure!!!

we missed you at the baby shower - but dont worry, we will all catch up this weekend in arco :) Brace yourself for a nice cold shower!!!

The Cannons said...

I think that is really cool you did that. I want to do that next year.
Mitzi

dadsmarts said...

Hey Katie,
The kids look so cute heading off to school. I didn't know you Carolyn Chandler's niece. Bishop Chandler was our bishop in Boise. Small world.
Hope all is going well. Talk to ya soon, Pam Duce